Monday, January 1, 2007

*****2007**** Ready to Go

Ok ,...We've got the tree down ,...decorations put away, and 2007 is off & running,...............   as much as it's neat to see the Christmas decorations,.
I also like reclaiming the living room...........hahahaha
Sweep up the needles ,.(yup  real tree...) lights out of the windows,.....House Lights stay up under the eaves,..but won't be on till Dec 1st,.. that's always decorating day,,,,,,
Now if you have little kids around ,I can see leaving the tree for a bit,...
(used to be Jan 6th,..I think) Little Christmas........
Easy to find help & encouragement ,when the tree goes up,...but Volunteers get real 'scarce' when it's time to take them down........hahahahaha
 Good Luck to all of you VerdunConnections ,....our family away from home
.............................................Have Fun & Remember Verdun

1 comment:

sabby MSN said...

Hi Les,   Wanna come over and take down my tree?  :-)  You are so right about having a scarcity of helpers when it's time to take the decorations down.  We have an artificial tree and I usually have everything down today, but you know what, I thought this is my last day before I go back to work and the idea of doing housework on a holiday didn't appeal to me because yes indeed, I'm the one who takes down the decorations and cleans up while my sun dismounts the tree and has the ardurous task of schlepping everything to the storage room in the basement.   And then I thought too, yep, Ukranian Christmas January 6, so another good excuse as any to not touch anything until the weekend.   Hope you and everyone else has a good beginning for this fresh new year.   Dolly