Friday, February 23, 2007

JIM MANCINI

This week we saw the passing of Jim Mancini. Originally from Verdun, Jim's family moved to Sixth Avenue LaSalle where he lived until his death at 61 years old. Jim was a popular member of the Crawford Park Youth Association that held dances at the Verdun-LaSalle YMCA and was equally well-known in Verdun and LaSalle. As a young man he joined the LaSalle Police Force and was later swallowed up in the MUC amalgamation. The funeral was at Wilson's on Verdun Avenue.     Ed

2 comments:

biking2006 MSN said...

Didn't meet Jim but I pray he rests in peace with the angels.
S.A.

arbutus MSN said...

I knew Jim from our police days. Jim was in Lasalle and I was with Westmount before the CUM. I also lived in Lasalle in the late 60's and early 70's so our paths crossed periodcally.
"Officer Down" R.I.P. Jim. Gary Mace Saanich, BC