Wednesday, February 4, 2004

Verdun Auditorium memories...

What memories do you all have from the Verdun Auditorium? :-)
when I was young I used to go to the wrestling there every tuesday night i think it was. I had autographs of all the wrestlers too..lol...Mad Dog Vachon, Sailor White Gino Brito and Danny Bravo, Killer Kowalski and Andre the Giant to name a few, but my fave was Edouard Carpentier. :-)
I ice skated there of course...and went to a few concerts there, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts come to mind. :-) But my best memory of that place was when loretta Lynn was going to be there and the morning of the concert I went walking around the outside of the Auditorium to see if I could see anything....
Her tourbus was parked right outside the side entrance, so i just sat there on the railings that were there and looked at it for a bit, when the side door opened and out walked Loretta's hubby and son! I was so tongue tied but I HAD to say SOMETHING! hehe So I asked "Will Miss Lynn be signing autographs this evening?" Calm and cool and as if I already had tickets...which I didn't hehe!!  Her hubby says "Well I'm not sure but I'll go in and ask her for ya!" And he DID too! hehe Came out with a piece of paper that she had autographed for me and told me that she would be out there signing "if" she had the time, but just in case she didn't, here was her autograph for me! Now I can see some of you rolling your eyes and thinking "Oh my God....LORETTA LYNN! Oh noooooooo geeeez" but hell i've always loved her music and been a fan so it was a thrill for me, ok? hehe And I still have that piece of paper that she signed to this very day. how much do ya think i could get for it? LOL! Any bids?
Anyone have any special memories from the Aud. to share?
Luv, Sharon

4 comments:

coachbim MSN said...

AH YES THE VERDUN AUDITORIUM,MANY GREAT MEMORIES THERE.PLAYED MY FIRST INDOOR HOCKEY GAME THERE IN THE  60'S AND SO MANY AFTER UNTIL 1977 OR 78.I EVEN PLAYED INDOOR SOCCER THERE IN THE EARLY 70'S.IF THE WALLS OF THAT BUILDING COULD TALK WHAT A STORY THAT WOULD UNFOLD.   BIM

pomolive2 MSN said...

....for me it was saturday afternoon/evenings that i went to watch the wrestling every every saturday.

Barbara said...

I figure skated my brother Cam played hockey and my dad Archie coached so I spent lots of time at the Aud

Barbara said...

I figure skated my brother Cam played hockey and my dad Archie coached so I spent lots of time at the Aud