Tuesday, October 23, 2007

PLATTSBURG, N.Y.

A cheap way home to Verdun.  The Old Plattsburg Air Force Base has become an International Airport and its called the Southern Montreal Airport.  Example Flights to Ft Lauderdale OW $79 cannot beat that price.  It just opened in July.  I even heard a rumor that Air Canada was looking to open an operation there along with Delta and other Small airlines. You can take the Train from there to Central Station and then Metro to Verdun.  Also, there is NO Parking charges at the Airport.  There on the Web and put out a periodic News Letter.  Also, you can fly from Burlington, VT to Seattle for $200 R/T another good price on Jet Blue. Book for the holidays.  Tx Pat, Ret USAF

4 comments:

les__f MSN said...

Wow I hope that info is accurate Slapshot,.cause it's a short ferry trip from here ( VictoriaBC) to Seattle, (SeaTac ) airport,.......and a direct flight to Montreal would be a great way to go..............          HF&RV

winterhater MSN said...

Hi Pat, How are you?  What happened to your trip to Pierrefonds this summer?   How is your brother doing?  And how are Diane and Sharon? I was in Verdun the week after Labor Day to see Laurette and Carol.  We had a good time talking about old times on 2nd.Avenue  Verdun has changed so much in the little time I have been away.  I have only been in Ontario since 2002 and I couldn't believe some of the changes since I left.  Write and let me know what's new. Do you still have my e-mail address?      Kay

slapshot MSN said...

Kay:  Send me yiour E-Mail.  Art, Diane and Sharon spent the week before Labor Day with us in Virginia so we never got to Pierrefonds, hopefully next summer, but first going to England for 10 days when it warms up.  I will send more in the E-Mail.  Take care Pat

gravyboat360 MSN said...

Here's something new from the paper ( The Press Republican) here in Plattsburgh. Sounds like a pretty cheap way to travel. Cheers Brady. http://www.pressrepublican.com/homepage/local_story_304233118.html?keyword=topstory