Tuesday, September 2, 2003

Reid's Pet Shop?

Remember Reid's Pet Shop on Wellington between Melrose and Argyle? I love animals and would always stop in there whenever I'd go by, just to see what new animals they'd acquired and to pet the kittens and puppies and bunnies. Also to see the wonderfully bright parrots that they had many of too. Mr Reid never shooed us kids out, he'd actually encourage us to pet all the animals and play with the birds, even taking the guinea pigs out of the cages so we could hold them. I think he trained all his parrots himself, and man, could they TALK! hehe One time he had this squirrel monkey in, and I got close up to the cage to talk to him and the little bugger grabbed a handful of my long hair and wouldn't let go. Mr. Reid jokingly told me that he guessed he'd have to cut my hair off to get me loose and man...lol...I just YANKED with everything I had and got MYSELF loose thank you very much! hehe
Ahhhhhhh all these memories!!
Luv, Sharon

3 comments:

maggiemck MSN said...

what's the matter Shar, don't like monkies? LMAO!

sharon_starr MSN said...

Actually Mag...I think monkeys are adorable. :-) Even when they crap in people's COFFEE!! LMAO! Remember Charlie? :-P Hell, never mind Reid's Pet Shop, your HOUSE was a ZOO at times, man! And I'm not talking the NINE kids either! (ten, including me  )hehehe Luv, Sharon

sharon_starr MSN said...

God....when I think about it, and have 3 of my own now, I don't know HOW your Mom did it with nine of you, man. LOL Kudos to that lady! Luv, Sharon