Wednesday, May 27, 2009

LaSalle Hydro-Electric Power Dam

Here is some more information on the LaSalle Hydro-Électric Power Dam wich I found in our archives at the SHGV. The ground view photo of the dam dates back to 1910 and is new information wich I have added to my Album no. 38 along with the other photo dated 1920 also giving more historical information. I am fascinated by this building and has been part of my growing up in Verdun as we used to walk all the way from Galt ave. to spend the day playing, fishing or/and swimming and walk all the way back. Where did we get all that energy. I took some photos of the dirt dike that has replaced the dam a couple of years ago but I can't find them so I will have to go back this summer to take more photos as I like to have before and after photos wich makes the subject more interesting.

Guy

No comments: