Wednesday, July 26, 2023

107 Bus Verdun Av and a few random photos

Always interesting to find ols photos we have either posted or shared over the years,and even finding old ones posted on various sites,that we also shared in the beginning of internet as we frantically searched and searched for anything related to our varying interests.Usually trying to credit the source when possible (not everyone even tries that these days....lol) I still think I will get around to reposting ones we've lost in the various transitions from the old MSN Groups sites, or the changing Media platforms. but the reality is tagging and reposting everythng would be a very large task to say the least. So for now I will just post random shots saved from everywhere over the years,that may be just fun or nostalgic to look at. Here are just a few old shots to prompt old memory banks. Have Fun Everyone and Remember Verdun.

3 comments:

Jo-Anne said...

Hello - I am wondering how to find out which building on Bannantyne my mother grew up in, from about 1933, her birth, until no later than about 1949. The family was of poor Scottish immigrants (my mother was the youngest of six, the only one born in Verdun or Montreal). Her mother was widowed when my mother, Elizabeth France Short, was about 8 or 9? so say early in WWII. The names: Isobel (née Dunlop) Short was my grandmother. She worked as a saleswoman at Simpson's and died when my mother was about 16 or 17, from cancer. And my mother had to start working from age 12, hard times, and therefore had to leave school far earlier than fair. I think her job was at CNR offices as a 'go-fer'. If there is any lead where I might find her address, thank you! We grew up in Montreal, my brother and I, but we never really went to Verdun, never sought out her old flat. She became ill when I was 8, with a slow-growing brain tumour, and now that I am 64 and live in Europe (and in the Laurentians in summer), I would like to know these things, for my own daughter's sake. Thanks! Jo-Anne Velin velinraconte@gmail.com

Jo-Anne said...

I just wrote a long bit. Has it been received yet? I am new to navigating this blog. Thank you.

Les_F said...

Hello JO-ANNE There was a Montreal publication known as Lovell's Directory. In this they listed just about everything from names and addresses , as well as in some cases occupations.
It is a good source to start with, they used to publish these books annually.
I have this address you will have to copy and paste, and see if you can navigate the site.
http://more.stevemorse.org/montreal_en.html
Jo-Anne if you knew a street name for sure, or otherwise their will be a lot of scrolling through the files. Hopefully the site will help you get started. At the top of the site there will be a box to type in a name or a street or the other box at the top tight side can search by year.
Thanks for surfing by, I will send you the link via your email posted,
Cheers ! Les