Thursday, April 8, 2021

We Sure Saw Some Cool Stuff

 Just remembering Expo 67's American Pavilion with it's Apollo Spacecraft hanging from the roof of the geodesic dome ,and a lunar lander module on display the same type that would carry men on the moon two years later..........it was an incredible time ,we were lucky to see all that Expo 67 showcased for us. The world was changing for sure.



   It's been a while since I posted anything,but it has also been a strange year for all of us. Hopefully more posts to come ,and maybe I will finally dig out some old external hd's that I think have a lot of the old photographs we shared years ago on the VC sites that culminated into this one.   Cheers ! Les 

    This is an excerpt from the following website:

    From the roof of the dome were suspended several actual Apollo and Gemini capsules, models of weather and communications satellites

                  https://www.westland.net/expo67/map-docs/unitedstates.htm

 


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have really vague recollections of being on the monorail through there. My poor sister (who was 14 years older than me and was voluntold to take me - a 4-year-old - with her or else the parents wouldn't drive her and her girlfriend to Man and His World from the West Island) does remember my little brain not comprehending how the Canadian pavilion could be "upside down" for a pyramid.

So I did what any 4-year-old would do when confronted with confusion: I threw up. All down my gingham dress and straight into my Buster Brown shoes. And I don't even remember that.

Sending you all the safest and healthies vibes from the West Coast!

Les_F said...

Glad you surfed by Anonymous,the monorail was a great ride in itself taking us for an aerial tour of the Expo grounds allowing us to see as much as we could. Has your sister ever let you forget the "filling up your buster browns"? lol.. Thanks for the good wishes of safest and healthiest vibes,........and the same right back at you.
Cheers ! Les (also from the Westcoast)

Anonymous said...

I loved Expo. Had a seasons pass and was there a few times every week. I remember hearing some music.....I followed the musical trail and discovered Gord Lightfoot with Red Shea and Rick Haines ( I think ) giving a concert. What a fabulous summer.

BobB

Anonymous said...

I loved Expo. Had a seasons pass and was there a few times every week. I remember hearing some music.....I followed the musical trail and discovered Gord Lightfoot with Red Shea and Rick Haines ( I think ) giving a concert. What a fabulous summer.

BobB

Anonymous said...

I loved Expo. The timing was perfect for me. I had lots of free time that summer and spent lots of time at Expo. Visited pavilions, watched great concerts......Gord Lightfoot, Dave Brubeck, Frank Zappa, Grateful Dead, and more. We were lucky. The right time and right place.

BobB

Les_F said...

Bob that was a great memory "follow the music" I can remember doing the same thing to find out where it was coming from. The whole summer was a terrific adventure,and having a season pass was the way to go. I still have my old Expo67 Passport,with a stamp from everywhere imaginable,even had to had new pages to the middle of the book to accomadate more stamps. As kids we could get around all places and navigate crowds more easily it seemed. One day we found a spot to see LBJ speaking at Place de Nations,my friends and I got close enough to be in direct line from the side view of the president (bet that wouldn't happen these days.
Anyway back to the music theme there usually was a different band/group or performer a few times a day ....what was the name of the music venue near the LaRonde end of Expo that all the entertainment? It will come to me....Cheers ! Les