Monday, August 31, 2009

New meaning to the term "Gut Bomb"

It seems someone doesn't like the food in this place ,more than me.  lol

Verdun McDonanld's hit with something that looked like a grenade,.......here's the story from this morning's Gazette:

MONTREAL ­ A McDonald's restaurant in Verdun was shut down this morning after an object that 'looked like a grenade' was tossed through its window.

The restaurant at 4300 Lasalle Blvd. will be closed until a bomb squad removes the object. Streets around the restaurant are open to traffic.

Employees heard a window break at around 5:30 a.m. and went to investigate. They assumed someone had thrown a rock through the window, but instead they found what appeared to be a grenade.

"The object does not seem to active," reassured Montreal police Constable Annie Lemieux. "But you can't take chances anyway."

6 comments:

Guy Billard said...

That MacDonald would be at the foot of Galt/Gordon and is facing where the Stadium was situated. If we go back furthur, it is where the old Model School later the Jacques Olier school was situated. The Model school was the first school in Verdun around the turn of the 20th century (built in 1902).
Guy

Glenn Larkin said...

It was where I had my first (of many) Big Mac and Quarter Pounder with Cheese. Those were the days when I could actually eat one and burn it off, no problem.

Tom q said...

I visited Verdun about two weeks ago and put about 800 miles on my "Leather Personnel Carrier". When I stopped in to that particular restaurant for something to pick me up, the staff acted like someone just dropped a bag of doggie doo on their floor. I suggest that the individual involved probably had the same type of service and got no where with Mickey's Customer Service Office ...

Les F said...

Not Gone, But Forgotten


When consumer spending plunges, retailers need a competitive advantage to survive. Here's one: Try a little customer service!
And those would be the same employees screaming unfair to the union when being Fired ,as they should be

Tom q said...

Guy: I remember the Olier School, as we used to bicycle past it many times on the way to the Auditorium. If my memory serves me (and I sometimes think I've a memory like a steel sieve) didn't there used to be an A&W just close to that spot? Now THEY had service! And the food was pretty darned good. Heck, the girls bringing the food out to you were polite, even if all you ordered was a root beer! Think Mickey's hired help could have learned from those ladies...

Les F said...

hi Tom ,your close the A&W was on Church Avenue,just as you tirned left onto Church (from Lasalle side) One of my kid sisters worked for them in the 60's.....If you looked down Church Avenue from the Auditorium it would have been just on the left side of Church Ave.........HF&RV