Sunday, February 3, 2019

Van Morrison likes Montreal, and played there in one of the theatres on Saint Catherine way back when.

Bob when you said a theatre on Saint Catherine I wondered if it was maybe the Capitol ,and so a quick search found this following excerpt form a Montreal article:
“I first saw Van Morrison in the late 60’s at the Capitol Theatre on Ste-Catherine Street. He performed two shows that evening – and he was in full flight by the time the second show was underway.” I’m in conversation with Rubin Fogel, a lifelong fan of Van Morrison’s music, and the promoter for Morrison’s October 1st performance at Salle Wilfred Pelletier in Place des Arts.

   =the whole article can be read here at this link: Hope it brings back some memories for you Bob. (sorry but you will have to copy and paste or hi-light the link and right click for google to find it)
     https://themontrealeronline.com/2009/09/van-morrison-celebrating-five-decades-of-music/
 

5 comments:

BobB said...

Hi Les
Thank you so much for hunting that down. Late 60s is definitely the time frame. I’m sure you nailed it. Ahh....memories. Wonderful. Van the man is still an all time favourite for Jojo and me. I will copy the link and have a read. Thanks again Les.

BobB

BobB said...

Les.....they say the Irish are prescient. I just finished my note to you, told my Jojo about it and as we sat here in the living room wouldn’t you know it.....on the radio we hear Moondance by Van start up. Had to share that.

BobB

Les_F said...

Very cool, Bob and you may have something there with the seeing things ahead of time,it happens quite often to be coincidence. cheers ! Les

Dwight A Druick said...

That was the McGill winter Carnival gig when he arrived late with a 24 of Brador.

Les_F said...

Thanks for that info Dwight, spoken with authority I guess you were there?
Thanks for the comment and surfing by and finding us.
Cheers !
LesF