Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Verdun Mountain BC (news to me)

Wow over 40 years here in BC and I had never heard of Verdun Mountain .........? I cannot believe I hadn't noticed the name at least. Well right now we have over 600 wildfires throughout the province,and Verdun Mtn is one of them.
From my deck I usually enjoy a fantastic view right across the strait of Juan de Fuca,and see the Olympic Mtns with their year round snow caps,and te lights of Port Angeles Washington  each night,but today the valley in front of me is smoky and the sky from here across to the USA is obscured by a hazy smokey white out sky. This smoke is coming from all over the coast and interior BC . Mother nature letting everyone know who is Boss. The following pics are as of 5minutes ago from my deck towards the ocean down the valley and across the strait.......on a clear day I will post what you should see normally.



2 comments:

glennlarkin said...

I lived in California for 25 years without knowing there was a Glenn County, California. Go figure.

BobB said...

I have a buddy from Verdun who lives in BC. I’ll see if I can surprise him with this. Given that this is the first I’ve heard of it, I suspect I will surprise him.