Sunday, March 4, 2012

More Montreal Photographs.....

A neat shot of the old Montreal Star & one of it's delivery wagons,dropping off the Star,imagine it has been 33 years since the Star went under,with absolutely no fan fare whatsoever,the last edition of the Star looked like any other..except it was the last one published ( I have a copy of it here in a box somewhere,for what reason ???????? Who knows) Anyway Here's the Star Delivery Wagon, and then in the first comment window will be another one of my photo albums for you folks to look at....
                                            .............Cheers ! HF&RV ......... - Les

6 comments:

Les F said...

Here you go,enjoy the tour.........

HF&RV - Les

Les F said...

Don't forget ,you can control the speed of the slideshow,also the size of the screen.... Cheers !@ HF&RV - Les

Lorraine Beaton said...

Wow, I really enjoyed viewing your slide show, brought back some memories. Thanks to a friend for referring me to this site. I was born in Montreal and from the age of 4, lived in Verdun, then on to Lasalle in the sixties. So much of these scenes are completely gone now. It is sometimes hard to remember what it was like, but this brought it all back. Thanks. L. Beaton

Les F said...

glad you liked the photos Lorraine, It is amazing how quickly our memories come alive when we see some old pics,,,,,,,,,, I am glad you took the time to visit the site,.there are plenty of photos & blogs , a very high perventage of them are about Verdun or Montreal or Quebec in general.Feel free to check them all out if you like, & also if you like you can join this group too, you are welcome too.
Cheers ! Have Fun & Remember Verdun - Les

Lorraine Beaton said...

Thanks Les, how do I join the group? Let me know.
Lorraine

Les F said...

When you are on the opening page or front page ,where it says welcome to verdun connections ,you should see an option that says 'join this group'
I think you will see that on the right hand side of every page actually,You have already completed one hurdle which was joining Multiply to start with,& now from there you can search for all kinds of things,finding a group ,then joining it,I will get a message that you want to join & I will simply click the option to bring you in .voila that's it. I will check the members list ,as soon as I see your name ,that will be all I need ........Cheers ! HF&RV - Les
Multiply has a lot of great features ,but it takes some playing around to figure them out, we will help you ,if you need it,just ask. See you on the boards .