Saturday, July 21, 2007
LaSalle Blvd and 2nd Ave, 1907 - 2005
These photos were taken at Lachine Road, now LaSalle Blvd and 2nd Ave. This is where the Leblanc wharf was situated. What was then called the Lachine Rapids circuit, was the first tramway circuit wich crossed Verdun along the Lower Lachine Road. The Leblanc wharf as well as the quai de la Tortue (Torchy wharf) was the area that received the farmers from the across the river who went to the Bonsecours market to sel their products.
The 2005 photo shows the Ch창teau Isabelle and Riviera appartment buildings built in the 1960s and precludes the condominium era.