Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A.A. Thoughts For The Day.

Thoughts that may be appropriate for all men and women.
Second Avenue.
.............................................................

A.A. Thoughts For The Day

Humility

"The attainment of greater humility is the foundation principle of
each of AA's Twelve Steps. For without some degree of humility, no
alcoholic can stay sober at all.

"Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 70

Thought to Consider . . .

As I thus get down to my right size and stature,
my self-concern and importance become amusing.

Bill W., Box 1980: The AA Grapevine, June 1961
As Bill Sees It, p. 106


*~*~*AACRONYMS*~*~*

FEAR

False Expectations Appearing Real



*~*~*~*~*^Just For Today!^*~*~*~*~*

Peace
From "He joined A.A. at age 66:"

"It's never too late to enjoy sobriety. Gone are the cravings and
the preoccupation with the 'next drink.' I feel and look a lot
better. My step is lighter, my mind is clearer. The depression and
the gloom are gone. I feel much more at peace with myself and --
more importantly -- with others. I no longer feel the need to please
others to prove myself. Yet I get much satisfaction from helping
others, especially when done anonymously."

c. 2001, A.A. for the Older Alcoholic -
Never Too Late (A.A. Pamphlet P-22), pages 31-32

*~*~*~*~*^Daily Reflections^*~*~*~*~*
THE KEYSTONE

He is the Father, and we are His children. Most good ideas are
simple, and this concept was the keystone of the new and triumphant
arch through which we passed to freedom.

ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 62

A keystone is the wedge-shaped piece at the highest part of an arch
that locks the other pieces in place. The "other pieces" are Steps
One, Two, and Four through Twelve. In one sense this sounds like
Step Three is the most important Step, that the other eleven depend
on the third for support. In reality however, Step Three is just one
of twelve. It is the keystone, but without eleven other stones to
build the base and arms, keystone or not, there will be no arch.
Through daily working of all Twelve Steps, I find that triumphant
arch waiting for me to pass through to another day of freedom.


짤Copyright 1990 ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS WORLD SERVICES, INC.짤

*~*~*~*~*^As Bill Sees It^*~*~*~*~*

Two-Way Tolerance



"Your point of view was once mine. Fortunately, A.A. is constructed
so that we need not debate the existence of God; but for best
results, most of us must depend upon a Higher Power. You say the
group is your Higher Power, and no right-minded A.A. would challenge
your privilege to believe precisely that way. We should all be glad
that good recoveries can be made even on this limited basis.

"But turnabout is fair play. If you would expect tolerance for your
point of view, I am sure you would be willing to reciprocate. I try
to remember that, down through the centuries, lots of brighter people
than 1 have been found on both sides of this debate about belief. For
myself, of late years, I am finding it much easier to believe that
God made man, than that man made God."



LETTER, 1950

Copyright짰1967 Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc.

*~*~*~*~*^ Big Book Quote ^*~*~*~*~*



"We alcoholics are sensitive people. It takes some of us a long time

to outgrow that serious handicap."



~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, The Family Afterward, pg. 125~

*~*~*~*^Twenty Four Hours A Day^*~*~*~*

A.A. Thought for the Day



Can I get well? If I mean, "Can I ever drink normally again?" the
answer is no. But if I mean, "Can I stay sober?" the answer is
definitely yes. I can get well by turning my drink problem over to a
Power greater than myself, that Divine Principle in the universe
which we call God, and by asking that Power each morning to give me
the strength to stay sober for the next twenty-four hours. I know
from the experience of thousands of people that if I honestly want to
get well, I can get well. Am I faithfully following the AA program?



Meditation for the Day



Persevere in all that God's guidance moves you to do. The persistent
carrying out of what seems right and good will bring you to that
place where you would be. If you look back over God's guidance, you
will see that His leading has been very gradual and that only as you
have carried out His wishes, as far as you can understand them, has
God been able to give you more clear and definite leading. You are
led by God's touch on a quickened, responsive mind.



Prayer for the Day



I pray that I may persevere in doing what seems right. I pray that I
may carry out all of God's leading, as far as I can understand it.


No comments: