Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Sharing

I know we all had a Great Christmas,      & I imagine we all had super get----   -togethers & Christmas Meals with Our Families & Friends,......
I've mentioned throughout all of my Christmas related msgs' or posts,...that We should Remember & Appreciate Our Families & Friends, many of these posts were prompted by this past years events  ,that were closely related to me,.......I have learned more this year about what having a 'Heavy Heart' is .
After Christmas dinner at my house,I got a call that my favourite Uncle had died a couple of hours before..........My whole family is heartbroken,& I had to tell my family this news,.......it's not a fun thing:
My favourite Aunt is already in a hospice,and so we were almost expecting my Uncle to call us about her.......................He Died on Christmas Day,after having had a Really Good visit with his wife,& then a great dinner and laughs with his longtime friends,....His son (my cousin Steve) was driving Uncle Scott home ,when he complained of a sore back,& Died........
as kids My favourite Aunt & Uncle used to invite us Verdun kids to come & spend the summer at their beautiful cottage in the Muskoka Lakes region,.every Summer we got to swim .hike ,play on the raft ,.paddle the canoe,or row the other boat,..and explore the surrounding area,........
here's a picture taken only two weeks ago,at Their Home,....on the Lake
it is presently my desktop picture:
 
taken from the deck of 'the cottage' ..........my favourite escape from Verdun,when I was a kid,..........this view is one of the last views my Uncle would have seen,.as they only went to the cottage to accomodate my 2 sisters & my Mom,....who wanted to see the Cottage ,(one last time),.while they visited my Aunt to say Goodbye to Her..............Just goes to show us all,that we Never Really Know ,what's going to happen next........I suspect my Aunt will not last long now ............but You Never know:
 
                           .......Appreciate Your Family & Friends.........
       My Uncle Scott & Aunt Dot ,...taught us(my family) much throughout our lives,
......and I have a lot of Respect for them,......I wish you could have known them........................................
                 
the reason I mention this is I think it really does Help.//////sort of sharing something,& I encourage anyone ,that when they feel the need ,Share it,it can't hurt & you may feel better...........
 
 
...........................

17 comments:

biking2006 MSN said...

Sorry for your loss Les. It hurts I know. I have only my brother left out of my family of origin. He is in a much better place now.
Peace and love,
Bill

bobb MSN said...

Hi Les

My condolences. It does hurt. And sharing and talking is good.

Peace

BobB

happydi2 MSN said...

Les I am sorry to hear about your loss. My condolences to you and your family. You have many wonderful memories of your uncle which is good and will help you get through this difficult time.   Dianne

sandy19465 MSN said...

This message has been deleted by the author.

mom1945-linda MSN said...

  We're feeling your sorrow, and have our big collective arms stretched out to comfort you.    

winnie3ave MSN said...

Les. I am so sorry for the heartache you are going thru. It is wonderful that you have such good memories of your uncle and aunt. I know how you feel about the memories of spending summer at "the lake". That is what it is all about. Making good memories for our loved ones, so that when we do go, they will be able to recall those good old days, and how those good old days will carry them thru this mourning period. Is is so rewarding to remember the selflessness and their sharing. They invited you to spend time at their cabin because they loved you. That is why it hurts so bad. Good memories will help. Thanks for sharing with us Les. Winston Allison

alanarchie MSN said...

Hi Les,
 
I am very sorry to hear of your loss. It's always tough, but particulary so
at this time of year.
 
Alan

les__f MSN said...

Thanks everybody,..for the sentiments,..I learned from Winston ,that it was Ok to share stuff like this,..Thanks Winston,(you once told me I did the right thing by mentioning another event) I appreciated that,and learned a lesson,.. Im putting it to use,........ Now go win big in Vegas,.............and if your going for the massage ,suggest all the Good Parts First.........hahahahaha Funny how Life makes you get on with things, we had a simultaneous toast to my Uncle (  a shot of Good Scotch)coniciding with some relatives back in Ontario ,..and we'll have a more formal ceremony in the spring:.....Us at 1pm(BC time),..& they at 4pm Ontario time,.........it was nice: Now back to real Life ,..I get to have a drink with my son Chris tonight,as it's his 24 th Birthday,,,,,,,,,,,,,,YIKES.......hahahaha  wayback in 1982,I was responsible for having his mother go through Labour from late on Dec 25th.....until early on the 27th,.....in & out of the ready any m,inute stage,........hahahahah  I look back on this time fondly,......hahahahahaha I'm not sure who came out ahead,...as I literally 'spent' a lot of time spelling her name ,over & over every month ,under the 'debit' side of my account...........hahahahahah  ..................................................Have Fun Everyone & Remember Verdun

sabby MSN said...

Les,   I am late coming to the site today as I've just been too busy here and have some catching up to do.  I was sad to  read about the passing of your favourite uncle.  You've had a difficult year indeed.  I have always felt God, or whoever is in charge up there, should put a moratorium on sadness or unhappy events at least for the month of December.   The members have all expressed better than I ever could what is in my heart, and I want to thank you so much for sharing.  By doing so,  know you are not alone in sorrow.  Can you feel our warm hugs?    And what wonderful memories of the lake and cottage!  Even in winter, it seems a tranquil place.    And a happy birthday to your son and making new memories that he will always cherish.  How old is he? 

sabby MSN said...

Hi Les,   I see I've lost some more brain cells over the holidays.  Must have been the cranberry sauce!  I answered my own question and see that Chris will be 24.    After twenty-four, there's a lot more.  That's what they told me!

winnie3ave MSN said...

Les. Yup, I have that full body massage on my mind. Gonna get the good parts done first. Just in case I forget what parts they are, I have them marked with red duct tape. OOPS!!!!!!!!! I guess I wasn't thinking......OH BOY....this is gonna hurt, I can tell you that right now. I guess I was thinking with the wrong brains again.  Somebody....somebody please help me!!!!!!

bombog2004 MSN said...

Good evening, Les,   Please accept my deepest sympathies.  May you and your family be spared further sorrow.   Jack

arbutus MSN said...

Les,   My sincere condolences on your loss.   Gary  

winnie3ave MSN said...


Happy 24th birthday Chris. May your blessings be grand, and your troubles to little to remember.


>




Fixing up the home? Live Search can help

judy MSN said...

Hi Les, My thoughts and prayers are with you....Judy

kungfu MSN said...

Hang tough big guy, I know what your going through, not much sense, however life does go on ,  your pal Jimmy

winnie3ave MSN said...

Well. My turn to share. This is no big thing, but just passing some info along. Had a full day already, and it is only noon. At 8:00am had a ct scan of my chest to check for any of the big C.....given I smoked  most of my life...up till 2 years ago, and also my family history of lung cancer....then at 10:00am had to go way across town for a ulta sound for a adomoinal aorta something or other. Something to do with a biuge or some other CR** that they saw on a PET scan a while back. Life is good...and I have no complaints......and am not worried......for I have seen the promised land......Wait a minute....I heard that somewhere before..... But truely, these were only precautionary tests and nothing more......Winston Allison