Friday, December 8, 2006

christmas shopping!!!!











 




Did this yesterday. FUN FUN FUN



 I went christmas shopping yesterday for about 12 hours. It was a disaster. I got a lot done but is was agony. I did all my shopping in Oregon. My credit card companies had specials on. Like 10% rebates, plus Macy's had gift bucks for every $50.00 spent, and one of the malls had gift certificates for using Discover card. Of course I had to play the game. I will make this short. YA RIGHT!!!!! First, I was at Wallmart for 2 hours looking to get movies and any I could find. Felt tired and exhausted, but also felt like It had accomplished something. I need to go to the restroom. Left the cart outside and about 5 minutes later came out....and my friggin' cart was gone. Had to spend another hour getting stuff, not remembering exactly what I got the first time. So I am going thrru the checkout line, and I tell the person that I need gift receipts for each movie, etc. Finally done,
she prints one gift receipt. I tell here I need one for each. She basically starts get upset in a controlled manner. I said okay, I will just go to costumer services to get that done. I use my card, and it gets rejected. Okay. I phone the credit card company, and even though I had used it before, they said it was not activated. "Do you want it activated?" they asked. Hell no, I just phoned so I could hear your beautiful voice on the orher end, and so I could get just a little bit more ticked off. Now I get thru the line again, then go to customer service. Then now start to take all the stuff back and credit my account. Gee hossafat!!!!! Start all over again. Anyways get out of there, and go to Target. Not crowded at all. I am looking for more movies. I am getting wrapping paper for Billie, who is going to a baby shower on Sunday. I am down on my knees looking in the back of this
gift wrap shelf, and this women whacks me with her cart, startles me, and I jump, putting a small gash in my hand. Day is going good. Okay, I am going to make this brief. Go to a shopping mall, about 15 miles away. Now start my BIG shopping job. Sweating like a stuffed pig because it is so hot. Have to wear my coat because all of the notes and lists I need to carry. Go like the wind, baby!!!! Billie calls me. I need to call the credit card fraud department, because "someone" is using my credit card. I call. Of course, it is press one for this,press one for english, press this for something else, press this,if you want to punch someone. Anyways...they say someone is using my card. How many charges have they made? Only one!!!!! AND that is the one I made. Woops. Just checking. Thank you very much!!!  Still running araound. Get another call. Another credit card compnay wants me to
call ASAP!!!! someone is using your card. "We suspect fraud" of course I call. "Someone has been using your card".. REALLY" who might that be????? "It is me!!! Isn't that why I have the card????" "Sorry, Mr Allison, we just wanted to check!!!!" WELLL>>>The heck with them all. I am done!!!! If anyone sayd the words "CHRISTMAS SHOPPING" I will try to write from death row...cause that is where I will be!!!!!  So how was your day. Love you!!!!! Winston Allison




 






Get free, personalized commercial-free online radio with MSN Radio powered by Pandora

6 comments:

arbutus MSN said...

Good Advice here Winnie!!!! They'll catch up to us no matter where no matter when !!! LOL   Be Sure to Cancel Your Credit Cards
Before you Die
It's not just the government... Be sure and cancel your credit cards before you die. This is priceless, and so easy to see happening, customer service being what it is today. A lady died this past January, and Citibank billed her for February and March for their annual service charges on her credit card, and then added late fees and interest on the monthly charge. The balance had been $0.00, now is somewhere around $60.00. A family member placed a call to Citibank: Family Member: "I am calling to tell you that she died in January." Citibank: "The account was never closed and the late fees and charges still apply." Family Member: "Maybe you should turn it over to collections." Citibank: "Since it is two months past due, it already has been." Family Member : "So what will they do when they find out she is dead?" Citibank: "Either report her account to the frauds division or report her to the credit bureau, maybe both!" Family Member: "Do you think God will be mad at her?" Citibank: "Excuse me?" Family Member: "Did you just get what I was telling you --- the part about her being dead?" Citibank: "Sir, you'll have to speak to my supervisor." Supervisor gets on the phone: Family Member: "I'm calling to tell you, she died in January." Citibank: "The account was never closed and the late fees and charges still apply." Family Member: "You mean you want to collect from her estate?" Citibank: (Stammer) "Are you her lawyer?" Family Member: "No, I'm her great nephew." (Lawyer info given) Citibank: " Could you fax us a certificate of death?" Family Member: "Sure." (fax number is given) After they get the fax: Citibank: "Our system just isn't set up for death. I don't know what more I can do to help." Family Member: "Well, if you figure it out, great! If not, you could just keep billing her. I don't think she will care." Citibank: "Well, the late fees and charges do still apply." Family Member: "Would you like her new billing address?" Citibank: "That might help." Family Member: "Odessa Memorial Cemetery, Highway 129, Plot Number 69." Citibank: "Sir, that's a cemetery!" Family Member: "What do you do with dead people on your planet?"

bombog2004 MSN said...

Great post, Winnie!   Jack

mom1945-linda MSN said...

Winston,   This will take care of everything......winston....big hugs, okay     

winnie3ave MSN said...





Thanks Linda. Big hugs are always accepted with gratitude and JOY.....Here's hugging you kid!!!! That was my Bogey impression. Winston
All-in-one security and maintenance for your PC.  Get a free 90-day trial!

winnie3ave MSN said...





Thanks Jack.
Get the latest Windows Live Messenger 8.1 Beta version. Join now.

happydi2 MSN said...

Winston I was shopping tonight and I know exactly where you're coming from....   How many days left until Christmas? Well thank goodness I have it all done ...   Dianne