Tuesday, November 7, 2006

Bus routes in Crawford Park (1946-61)

Hi there !

Is there someone who remember bus routes 53A-Crawford-Park (1946-56) and 52-Crawford-Park (1956-61) ? ... and the direction

of the bus in the loops ?

 

I presume (not sure) that the direction was as follows:

Bus route 53A-Crawford-Park (1946-56):

Coming from East on Lasalle Blvd, the bus rode up to Cl챕menceau, up to Ouimet, then to Fayolle, then Fayolle to Champlain Blvd eastbound, to Crawford Bridge South, then to Lasalle Blvd westward.

Bus route 52-Crawford-Park (1956-61):

Coming from East on Lasalle Blvd, the bus rode up to Crawford Bridge up to Chruchill, then to Lloyd George, then Ouimet up to Fayolle, Fayolle up to Champlain Blvd eastbound, then Crawford Bridge South, then to Lasalle Blvd westward.

I presume that the direction in Woodland loop was:

Woodland--Lasalle Blvd--Argyle--Wellington and back on Lasalle Blvd westbound.

Thanks in advance,

JM

3 comments:

joycie915 MSN said...

Hi there.  I lived my whole life in Crawford Park and took both buses.  I remember one going from Lasalle blvd to Crawford Bridge street, all the way up to Champlain.  Left on Champlain to Fayolle, and left on  Fayole to Oumiet.  Left onto Ouimet to Crawford Bridge, and right from Crawford Bridge to Lasalle blvd, then left on lasalle blvd to Wellington st,.  The other bus went from Lasalle blvd to Crawford bridge, left on Churchill, and all the way into Ville  Lasalle and back again.   It is so nice to hear from people talking about Crawford Park. Nothing but great memories for me.   Jim did you live in the Park ?  and on what street.   Hope to hear  more  . Joyce Pedder

les__f MSN said...

I like the recall,many of you have re: the bus the crawford,.(or other trips through Verdun),...it allows me to ride along ,as I did years ago,and sort of relive the bus trip,..the having to get off the bus,& walk from Crawford PArk,..made me laugh,.because the odd time I had gotten on the wrong bus ,& realise that I 'd have to to a quick mental calculation of the bus's route ,and get off ,at the closest point to where I had to go in the Bronx..........hahahahaha  Remember making a mistake and grabbing a #60 on Wellington,because I had just assumed it was the 58........then you'd have to get off & transfer,........I don't Remember that 53,....but the Crawford Park always had a bus meander through it,it was kind of a break from the main routes,and we got to tour through the 'rich' Verdun neighbourhood............hahahaha   

jmhachey MSN said...

This message has been deleted by the author.