Thursday, July 20, 2006

Oh wow! My daughter won a grand prize!

My 10 year old daughter has won a grand prize for a contest she entered...back in the winter! LOL! What a shock when UPS showed at my door with two huge boxes addressed to her...and I wasn't sure what the hell it was and/or if it was a scam at first or something hahah. The UPS guy let me open a box to see if there was a letter and there was one from the ABC Disney Channel telling Alli that she was the grand prize winner and that she'd won a My Scenes Party Collection - a dozen dolls with accessories, a dressing room for them all as well as a party limousine. All valued at around 500$!
Alli wasn't home at the time, she was at a 2 week summer program at a governor's school (which she'd ALSO won a spot at by the way, entering a contest with a written essay) I bring her to meet the bus every morning and pick her up every afternoon. I started quizzing her on the way home, asking her when she might have entered a contest ( she told me a VERY long time ago she did, in the winter!) but I didn't want to tell her she'd won anything until my husband got home cuz I wanted him to be here too when she got the awesome news. It was only a half hour wait. And she was/is absolutely THRILLED hahaha. Also gave her incentive to clean her room up too cuz well after all, she has to make room to display all the new stuff now!
I actually used the video mode on my camera to tape her reaction, and it came out pretty good. But it's 28 MB and I'm on dialup here, so I will share this pic of Alli with her winnings for now, upload the video clip overnight and share a link to it in the morning, ok? Her reaction was hilarious!
 

10 comments:

les__f MSN said...

Congrats  Alli.,.....shows a lot of character and inspiration,........maybe you'll be a writer some day........................Enjoy all your cool stuff kid,......and I see by your smile ,you are your Mothers daughter.............            Have Fun Kid.....................................from Verdun connections  

winnie3ave MSN said...


Sharon.... WOW!!!!!! Good for your daughter. Finally someone I know won something, or at least someone I know, who knows someone who won something. Good going. Winston

mom1945-linda MSN said...

It's sooooo nice when someone you know wins those prizes....especially so when it's your daughter.  Way to go girl!    Cheers

sandy19465 MSN said...

This message has been deleted by the author.

happydi2 MSN said...

Congratulations..... Job well done!   Dianne

claroleca2 MSN said...

  Wow Sharon,   What a great surprise for your daughter. She must be in 7th heaven. Good for her!! You must be so proud.   Bye the bye, where are you in Virginia?  My husband & I were in Virginia Beach a week or so ago.  Maybe next time we're going thru we can connect.   Have a great day, & hope your daughter enjoys her winnings!!   Claroleca            

linnie721 MSN said...

GOOD FOR HER ITS NICE TO HEAR THAT A CHILD WON CONGRATS YOUR A LUCKY DUCK LOVE THE DOLLS.

fresco750 MSN said...

Sharon, Congratulations! This if fantastic. I hope your daughter is able to keep her My Scenes Party Collection in mint condition and enjoy it for a lifetime. Think of the value of this collection in twenty or thirty years. The collection can also be a conversation piece for a lifetime. I hope you all have many years of good times with this wonderful prize. So Happy for You Guys!!!

conniekoz MSN said...

WTG Alli, congratulations!   Connie

sharon_starr MSN said...

Thank you, each and every one of you for your kind remarks. You're right, I'm very proud of this child of mine. She's polite, works hard (held straight A's the whole YEAR of grade 5!) and she deserves every good thing she has coming to her. As for keeping these prizes in their original boxes for the future...are you kidding me!? hehe There's no way you can do that to a kid haha. Actually I have 2 collector's Barbie's in their original sealed boxes that were given to her when she was young and she has no idea I have them. These ones she can have...lol. And Les....she does look like me...poor kid.