Saturday, June 3, 2006

MONTREAL & SOUTHERN COUNTIES RAILWAY

Good morning !

MONTREAL & SOUTHERN COUNTIES

 

Ex Niagara, St. Catharines & Toronto 326 is seen loading passengers in downtown Montreal. This car is notable for being the last car to leave the McGill Street Terminal. That happened in the early morning hours of Sunday June 19, 1955. After that date, M&SC cars no longer crossed the Victoria Bridge but did continue to operate beyond St. Lambert until all M&SC service came to an end on October 14, 1956.

http://www.trainweb.org/elso/msc.htm

Also:

Dave’s Railpix - Quebec Listing

http://206.103.49.193/odds/qu/qu.htm

Have a nice weekend !

JM

3 comments:

bahama865 MSN said...

hey hachey, fab pic, thanks, still trying to connect with vic here in florida. nice weekend, carolyn.

multipurposeutensil MSN said...

Good morning JM, I wish I had been old enough to have experienced these streetcars, but I was not quite six months old when this picture was taken, and was living in Laval West. It is great to see pictures of what I missed. Thanks Ralph.

winnie3ave MSN said...


jmhachey. Thanks for that picture. My mother use to take my younger brother and myself over to St Lambert to visit friends of hers. It was a different country over there. With unpaved roads, open ditches, wide open spaces. I remember us getting on that streetcar, but had forgotten where we got on at. It wasn't till about 5 years ago when we visited my sister that we passed by this little dinky building, and she pointed it out to us. What a joy to see a picture of that streetcar. Thanks. Winston