Sunday, May 14, 2006

Toronto fan----Oxymoron

I need some help. I was traumatized yesterday by what I thought was a myth. I will tell my strory. I was at my son's house yesterday for my granddaughter's 1st birthday. We were watching the hockey game, and my daughter-in-laws stepmother asked what we were watching. When I told her hockey and that Buffalo and Ottawa were playing. She said; No thanks. If Toronto was playing I would watch." Oh my gosh. A Toronto fan. I was immediately traumatized and have finally seen what I thought previosly was just a myth. Something like Bigfoot. It was scary and not a very pretty sight. I have probably been scarred for life. I had bad dreams all through the night. What do I do now. Winston Allison

12 comments:

mom1945-linda MSN said...

winnie3ave   As with Bigfoot sightings, I would capture it on film.  So keep an eye out for someone in a White/Blue jersey with a maple leaf crest on the front so that you can show everyone you meet that there really, really is something called "A TORONTO MAKE BELIEVE" and you have a photo to prove it.   Cheers

edbro68 MSN said...

Don't panic, Winnie. She must have meant "If Toronto was playing Montreal, she would watch. Great games. Great teams. All made up of men that learned their trade on outdoor rinks, backyards and laneways and also on the street between cars.   Ed

sharon_starr MSN said...

  LMAO!!!    Remember that old joke "What's blue and white and lives in Toronto's sewers?

sharon_starr MSN said...

 here's that oxy....moron. Hahahaha    

mom1945-linda MSN said...

OMG Sharon.....where did you find that?  It's priceless and gonna forward it on to several 'make belief' fans I know.   

habfan MSN said...

Here's another "leaf fan" photo I like .       Mike

Attachment: Picture 066.jpg

winnie3ave MSN said...


Wow. Now I really know I want to avoid them. They are scary. I would not like to be stuck on a deserted island with a Toronto fan. Winston

winnie3ave MSN said...

My wife said that we people from Verdun are a bunch of sick puppies. And also to add insult to injury, she also said we were twisted. Of course I retorted, with; "Oh ya." That will knock her down a few notches!!!!! Winston

rainy_day_man_44 MSN said...

thank your wife for the compliment Winnie...

conniekoz MSN said...

LOL Winston.  I can just visualize Billie saying that.  We might be sick puppies but I know she loves us all   Connie

winnie3ave MSN said...


Connie. That is so true. Billie does love us all. She doesn't know how to do anything different. She may not be from Verdun. But we were there about 4 times. Of course we had to go to 835 3rd Avenue, and also Val David and Lac Renaud, and St Faustin. Also many other places around the city. If I didn't know better, I would think she was from Verdun. I am guessing that the Verdunite in me has rubbed off on her. Winston

winnie3ave MSN said...


Rainy_day_man. Compliment greatfully accepted. Winston Allison