Wednesday, March 1, 2006

Anyone know the Cornthwaites from Crawford Ave- c1950's

I am helping a friend in England to trace his wife's Scottish rellies who moved to Montreal in the early 1900's. In 1916 one of her gt uncles Alexander Henderson and his wife Charlotte lived at 302 Regina Ave. Alex was killed in WW1,along with two of his brother's in law.
 
Relations of these, later lived in Crawford Ave in the 1950's (and possibly beyond)
Their names were Beatrice(nee Henderson) and her husband George Cornthwaite.
They later moved to(warmer!) California where they both died in 1969.
 
Does anyone have any info about this family or the places they lived.
 
All help would be much appreciated. Are there any old photo's of the streets that I could access online?
 
All the best,
 
Carol

6 comments:

carolrogers64-69 MSN said...

Ooops should have said 1305 Crawford Avenue.........I know your streets are rather long ones aren't they ?   Carol

bev&claude MSN said...

yes, My grandfather was Alexander Henderson. you may contact me at Bevfaub@aol.com

carolrogers64-69 MSN said...

    Bev   Great to hear from you and as you know by now,I have passed your message on to Steve and Irene.   He will keep me up to speed with developments.   Hopefully you will both discover lots of new rellies   All the best   Carol

conniekoz MSN said...

Hey Bev:   Saw you in June at Muriel Allison's funeral.  Great to see you posting on here again.  Have you been in touch with Winston Allison (my uncle) I am sure he would be thrilled to hear from you.  He is a regular poster on here.   Connie (Coleman)

bev&claude MSN said...

Hi Connie...thanks for your note...I was very sad about Muriel's passing...we had been friends for many years. We are presently in Florida - have been here since Nov.21st. heading home in 3 weeks. Have a good day.  Bev

conniekoz MSN said...

Bev:   I bet you enjoy your winters in Florida and away from the "cold".  Enjoy the rest of your stay and have a safe trip home.   Connie