Friday, December 16, 2005

New and looking for Belanger family

Hi there, my name is Jennifer.  A member of a parenting board I belong to was kind enought o point me in this direction to look for my family.  here is my story.
 
I am looking for Dave Belanger, and other family members in and around Lachine Quebec.  I lost contact with my family just over 10 years ago, and they have never met my husband or 2 wonderful children.
 
I have tried putting ads in both the Montreal Gazette and Journal de Montreal with no avail, if anyone can help me, or point me in the ditection on how to search, I would really appreciate it.
 
If you know of a Dave Belanger who was married to Christine in the 70's or any of his family members, or think you may know of them, please contact me. This has been a long time consuming search and I don't know where else to turn.

Thank you.

12 comments:

steveredmond19491 MSN said...

Hey Les can you help DeDah out, is there a Lachine site? Steve

maggiemck MSN said...

Have you tried contacting these people? Maybe they are related?http://findaperson.canada411.ca/10649/search/Find_Person?firstname_begins_with=1&firstname=d&name=boulanger&city_zip=lachine&state_id=QC&x=68&y=11

les__f MSN said...

I hope we can be of help Dedah,........there are a lot of members here,..and with any luck,maybe someone knows the how to contact the people you are looking for.......... Good Luck in any case.......

dedah MSN said...

I have gone through the phone boook, but because Belanger is such a common name, I have had no luck.  Thanks for the idea though.

guy5479 MSN said...

Check Bell on line 411 and enter the name and city which will  give you a list of all the Belanger's in that city.Also, give more details on this site.

multipurposeutensil MSN said...

DeDah, There are four D.Belanger listed in Lachine at the Canada411.ca website, have you checked these?                            Ralph.

dedah MSN said...

I have called every D, S, C, R and K Belanger in the phone book and online.  Still nothing.  :(   After there was no response to any of my newspaper ads, I am starting to think it will never happen.  :(

regtheretiree1 MSN said...

Hi Dedah,   You mentioned that Dave Belanger was married to Christine in 1970's. Maybe it would help if you mentioned Christine's maiden name because in Quebec the women keep their maiden name after marriage. Hope that someone could help in this situation.   Good luck.   Reggie Paine

dedah MSN said...

My mom's maiden name was Shearing, but when they were married she went by Belanger.

dedah MSN said...

I am a newbie to the MSN message boards, and don't even know hoe to search.  I am a google gal.  LOL   Is there are Lachine message board?  Or does anyone know how I would search for one?

Thanks

maggiemck MSN said...

click on "groups home' (at the top of every page) and then type "Lachine" in the search bar.

dannyb--1 MSN said...

Hi DeDah, Maybe you should try searching Classmates. They may be registered there. Or some other family members. Danny