Monday, November 14, 2005

For your poetry corner





I was thinking
today, in my bed as I lay



Inspecting a
crack in the ceiling



That my fa챌ade
too needs a paint job or two.



And my plaster
will soon begin peeling.



 



Life goes by
fast, leaving memories vast



And some of
them cause me to smile.



I see my swift
pace leading all in the race



It won me the
two and  a half mile.



 





An old woman I
challenged to mock her.



Well she had
me beat, that cunning old cheat.



She showed up
using a walker.



 



My memory too,
makes me silly things do.









 



My body parts
old will bring in some gold,



When the good
ones they start to recycle.





On some bloke
may begin a new cycle.



 









And I spill
everything in sight.



 



Some days I
feel fine and this body of mine.



Feels that a
new life is coming.







 



So I said to
the nurse old age is a curse



As she
followed me round with the mop.



She said do
what you can, when you are an old man





 









  
Ed Brown





No comments: