Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Brown Blvd. and park

all my family aunts and uncles were from Verdun the Holdaways all 13 kids (big family) my grandparents lived there in the 1918's and untill there passing My father was there untill he moved to Roxboro after the war 1948 and most of my aunts and uncles lived there untill thjey passed away or moved still have an aunt(Betty) living on 2nd ave. I remember playing baseball and Hockey in trhe park way back in the 1950's with my cousins good times also swimming at the Nat. fishing with my grandad etc. boardwalk,. will try and post some pics of verdun from the 40's and 50's

1 comment:

sharon_starr MSN said...

Welcome to Verdun Connections, Bill!  You're most likely going to discover people here that knew you and your family way back when. I look forward to getting to know you and can't wait to see those pics!