Sunday, April 17, 2005

F/O John Neal, Missing in Action

John,
I found your picture in the Verdun Guardian dated May 11th 1944 at the Soci챕t챕 d'Histoire et de G챕n챕alogie de Verdun which I have enclosed. I had to take a picture with my digital camera as the newspapers are in a large binder which could not be put on the scanner and that why the picture is fuzzy. If you live in Verdun, I invite you to come and view the newspaper, I will be there next saturday afternoon. Please let me know if you can come. If you are from out of town, I will try and improve on the picture. I also found in the Verdun Directory, your old address listed as follows:
" Neal, William, clerk, 99 fifth ave." I will relay it to you later.
There may be another picture at a later date when you where found and I will check it out, advise me the date.
Guy

5 comments:

guy5479 MSN said...

This message has been deleted by the author.

guy5479 MSN said...

This message has been deleted by the author.

guy5479 MSN said...

John, Finally got it right. Enclosed is the Verdun Directory showing your address. Guy

guy5479 MSN said...

John, This is the May 11th 1944 page of the Guardian showing your photo. Guy

maggiemck MSN said...

Is John Neal MIA again? Are you out there John?