Monday, January 3, 2005

Christmas Lights

Hey gang, Happy New Year to everyone!  My most vivid memories of Christmas in Verdun was the incredible amount of Christmas lights on every doorway and balcony. It seemed like each neighbour competed with one another year after year. There are houses with spectacular displays, but nothing like the outpouring of festive lights in Verdun! We would laugh if lights were still up in mid January. I now see homes with the lights up year round, and only light them during the Christmas holidays. If anyone has pictures of the lights please post them. Thanks,
 
Mike

4 comments:

patricia_geinno1 MSN said...

hi hab fan, i remember  the lights very well. I still keep my lights on till Jan 6 then off they go. Here on the east coast power is very expensive. I just paid $318.00 for 2 months and we heat our house with oil. Each year i notice fewer and fewer outdoor lights. patsy ginn ernst

mom1945-linda MSN said...

I recall my Mom used to leave the lights up outside, and the tree up inside, until Jan 6 which is Ephiphany (or Little Christmas).  Like many of our generation both partners worked and time was at a premium so we used to take our tree down on New Years Day evening or at the latest by Jan 2.  I must admit that by then the magic of Christmas has worn pretty thin.  Especially since some of the malls start their Christmas decorating right after Hallowe'en.   Cheers, Linda    

winnie3ave MSN said...


Patsy. You are not alone in the light department. I also keep mine on till Dec. 6th or 7th. I also keep them up all year because I am out in the woods, and also I need a 28 foot ladder to be able to take them down. Have a good 2005. Winston Allison

winnie3ave MSN said...

Mom1945-Linda. Well, Guess what? They start setting Christmas decorations out for sale down here in Vancouver Washington in July. I am figuring they way it is going, they will have them year round soon. Winston Allison