Monday, July 26, 2004

Lake Macdonald

Dave and Alan:
 
You corresonded a couple of weeks ago about Lake Macdonald. When Dave mentioned the Gibbons, you were likely talking about my brother Stewart. Our family used to spend many summers at Lake Macdonald during the mid to late 50's.
I remember those long drives up Decarie Blvd. (pre expressway) and then the drive on a dirt road from Brownsburg to Lake Macdonald, all in our modern 1950 Ford.
I recall a number of families, specifically: Gibson (Grant is a city councillor in Brampton), Howard (Jimmie actually lives in Weir), McCarthy (Joey showed up at the Verdun reuinion 2 years ago), Ainsworth, Bennett, Hynes, Galts and Washer (used to have the cottage right behind McClusky's). Charlie Washer comes to the Verdun reunion every year and still has a place a Lake Macdonald.
I drove through Lake Macdonald two years ago. The beach seems somewhat smaller than what I envisaged from may last visit 40 years ago.
 
Gord Gibbons
 

No comments: