Sunday, February 8, 2004

OBITUARY FOR MRS HURLEY,STEVE,DAVID,CHRIS AND DOUG JR MOMS

From:  "BIM" <beaubim@y...>
Date:  Sun Feb 8, 2004  10:53 am
Subject:  obituary :FOR MRS HURLEY,MOTHER OF STEVE,DAVID,CHRIS AND DOUG

Obituaries (02/06/04)
HURLEY, Dorothy (nee McCrea). At Grace Dart Hospital, on February 4,
2004 at the age of seventy-five years, passed away peacefully after a
courageous battle with Alzheimer's. Beloved wife of the late Douglas
Hurley. Devoted mother of Steven (Carolyn), David (Terri), Chris
(Linda) and Doug Jr. Loving grandmother to Sarah, Derek, Katlyn and
Ryan. Also survived by her sisters Carol (Dick) and Betty, her
brother Gordon, and many relatives and friends. Resting at: Service
in the chapel on Monday, February 9 at 1 p.m. A special thank you to
the Grace Dart Nursing Home for their kindness. In lieu of flowers,
donations to the Alzheimer's Foundation would be appreciated.
Visitation on Sunday from 2 to 5 and 7 to 9 p.m. and Monday as of 12
noon.JF WILSONS VERDUN AND MANNING.

MY CONDOLENCES TO THE HURLEY BOYS,MY SINCERE DEEPEST SYMPATHIES MY FRIENDS.

MILES BIM LIDDELL

6 comments:

glennlarkin MSN said...

  Miles, Glenn Larkin here.  Not sure you recall me exactly, as I went to VCHS.  But I do recall that we used to hang together, way back when.  Not sure how we first hooked up, but I am guessing it may have been B&G football.   Saw your name here, recognized the photo, and thought I would send along my hello's.  Having been away from Verdun for so long, many of the old memories just blend together and I cannot always separate them.  I also suspect that we may have had mutual friends from both schools.  There was much crossover, at least for me.   Regards, Glenn

coachbim MSN said...

  HEY GLENN. YES I REMEMBER AMD IT WAS B AND G FOOTBALL.I ALSO RECALL A NAME GARY DOSKOS WAS HE A NEIGHBOUR FRIEND OF YOURS.MY WIFE WENT TO VCHS.SHE WAS A 74 GRAD.WHERE R U AT NOW.HOW LONG YOU BEEN OUT OF VERDUN.I SEEN AN OLD SCHOOLMATE OF YOURS RECENTLY ACTUALLY.BRUCE HARKIN (ORANGE) U REMEMBER HIM.WELL THANKS FOR SAYING HELLO AND REMEMBERIN.ITS GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU.   BIM

glennlarkin MSN said...

Black & Gold is correct; we were the Roughriders, as I recall.  Red uniforms.   Gary was my next door neighbour and played for a different team.  He is in the Boston area these days, although I do not communicate with him.  Found him online, traded a few emails to catch up, and that was pretty much it.  He seemed to be doing great.   I am in Southern California, near Los Angeles.  Actually work in LA.  Left Verdun in 1980, and never looked back.  Although I do get back regularly.  Been almost a year since the last visit.  There was a reunion in May.   Remember Bruce well.  Saw him last year.  Say hello again for me.    Would I know of your wife?  I knew many people from 74 and 75.   Sorry for the delay in replying.  I don't remember to check this often enough.  I will try and do better in the future.   Thanks for the note.  Glad you are doing well and survived.  When I have more time, I must remind you of a funny story that involved you and your Father.   Glenn

coachbim MSN said...

hi glenn ok when u get a chance id like to hear that story.feel free to use my email bimmiles@yahoo.com   later bim

clementine24 MSN said...

I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier Bim, as I knew the Hurley's also.   My heartfelt condolences to the Hurley boys on the loss of their beloved mother.  

coachbim MSN said...

hi lorraine thats why i know you becuse u guys were neighbours and i was always there as a kid.their address was 830 if i remeber right.the also lived at 716 block that burnt down.they moved way before the fire.mrs hurley was still living there up until her hospitalization a couple of years ago.steve yje oldest is in ajax ont,david is in lasalle chris is still in verdun and so is doug.my dad still lives in verdun on bannantyne and beatty.   bim