Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Anyone Care to Share? :-)

Someone in one of my Yahoo groups posted this and I thought it would be nice to post here for anyone who might care to share. :-) Help us get to know one another a bit better!
Luv, Sharon
 
CARE TO SHARE?
 

1. If you could trade places with one person for one day, who would you choose and what would you do?

This is going to sound wierd, but the very first person that popped into my head was my husband's ex-wife, the mother of his 3 kids. I would like her to be able to feel what "I" feel and know that all I want to be is a friend to Rick's kids and that I am not a threat to her. She has made it very difficult for me to have any kind of a relationship with any of them. Maybe she would understand how very much in love I am with Rick too, and not go around telling everyone that "I'm with him for his money".

Which, by the way...lol..he doesn't have.

 

2. Has a friend ever confided something in you that could change or damage some relationships?

Yes sadly . A girl that I thought I knew so well. Her husband had gone to prison for sexual abusing her daughter . When he was due for
release, she told me she had told her daughter he was coming home and if she didn't like it she could move out . Her daughter was 14 . I couldn't believe she had said such a thing and was willing to put her scum of a husband above the needs of her child . I really thought I knew her better but it showed me I didn't . She did take him back and she did send her daughter to live with her aunt.

 

3) Any hobbies or interests that you are really passionate about?

I am very passionate about animals. I have loved animals since I was a child and was lucky that my Mom encouraged me by allowing me to own many different kinds, helping me to take care of the birds I brought home with broken wings and feeding the stray cats from her balcony. (Thanks Mom) Loving animals is a good thing, but can make it very heart-breaking for you when an animal is hurt and/or old and must be put out of their misery.

 

4) What is the most unusual dream you've ever had?

I don't really remember a lot of my dreams..lol.

 

5) If you could change any one thing about your country, what would it be and why?

Well, I have 2 countries to choose from. Speaking of Canada where I was born, at the risk of sounding biased, I really can't think of anything except specifically in Quebec, I would make sure there were enough doctors and nurses staffed in the hospitals so that people didn't die waiting for operations and the waiting times in hospital emergency rooms wasn't as long as the 9 and a half HOURS that I waited when my daughter broke her finger and suffered all that time while we waited our turn.

As for the USA...no offense to my American friends, but I hate the gun laws here. You can't even buy AMMUNITION now in Quebec without having a license!

 

6) If money were no object (and don't we all wish for that) and you could live anywhere in any style home, describe it all?

Well, let's see. Mine would be an old, rambling, pine-log cabin on a large scale. With huge and high full log beams in the rafters and a big old fireplace in the living room and each bedroom. It would be decorated in "folk art" style, one of my favs. The beds would have thick, downy feather mattresses and huge, old hand-made quilts There would be photos of Rick and my combined six children all over the walls. And of course, once the grand-children came along (dontwannathinkaboutitdontwannathinkaboutit! LOL) then there would be a special wall for THEIR pics too. Being an animal lover, of course there would be 2 or 3 cats lolling around the fire and a mutt on the floor by my chair. :-)

This beautiful house would be situated on the edge of a big, calm reflective lake where I'd have Adirondack chairs to sit in and gaze at the lake and watch the nature all around me.

7) What is your biggest fear?

When I was in Quebec, if we saw a snake slithering thru the grass we would be apt to simply pick it up and play with it and stroke and admire it for awhile before placing it back where it was. So I was never afraid of them and actually liked them a lot. It never occurred to me not to do the same thing here until hubby and I were walking around the pond one day that the cows drink from and Rick said simply and quietly "Snake....keep still". Tho I'm not accustomed to doing that, thank God I did, cuz I FREAKED when I saw it...it was a water mocassin. Brrrrrrr...still gives me chills thinking about it. So yeah NOW my biggest fear HERE is snakes. ;-P I learn fast too...lol..I'm not stupid. Hubby says he's even seen a rattler or 2 around.

There's also that fear that every parent has about something happening to one of your kids and you can't do anything to stop it from happening:  My oldest daughter has epilepsy and it ripped my heart out each time that I'd have to sit by her and just let the seizure happen and wait it thru. You feel so helpless, when your job as a parent is supposed to be to make sure that things like that DON'T happen to them, but sometimes there isn't anything you can do.  I thank God that her seizures have been well under control now for over 3 years.

 

8) What is a question you would like to ask the world?

My question would be the age-old "Can't we just GIVE PEACE A CHANCE?"

 

9) What is something you hope you never see happen in your lifetime?

Like all parents --- the death of one of my children. I can't imagine the pain one goes thru when that happens. It is not the natural order of things, not supposed to happen that way, ya know? I know some women that it has happened to, and I can tell you, it changes the person they were.

 

 

10) What is your favorite childhood memory?

My Dad taking me to Lafontaine Park on one of our "weekends". It was a beautiful sunny day and we had a wonderful time. Of course there were all kinds of animals there too, so I was in my glory. :-) My Daddy and animals... I must have been 4 or 5 years old at the time but I still remember it like it was yesterday.

I still miss him even tho he disappeared from my life almost 25 years ago and I haven't heard from him since :-(

No comments: