Monday, February 23, 2004

ANDREA!!! :-)

Wow...do those names bring back memories for me, Andrea. :-) I knew your Dad and 2 of your aunts from years ago. I used to live at 365 - 6th Avenue and your Auntie Leah lived in the block of houses next door. She and I hung around together for quite awhile. I think I was something like 11 or 12 years old then so that would be over 30 years ago! Your Auntie Sandy lived on the second floor under us. Leah taught me how to whistle real LOUD with my thumb and index finger against the back of my tongue...and yes I can STILL do it too! hehe Comes in handy sometimes. Are you still in touch with and/or see Leah, Andrea? I would LOVE to be in touch with her again! If you are, ask her if she remembers Sharon Edwards from 6th Avenue when she was a kid, that we both had a crush on our downstairs neighbour by the name of Bob Savaria...God I can't believe I still remember his name! hehehe Your Dad used to tease us about him all the time.
I think I also know your MOM as well! Is she from the same Collins Family that lived in the apartments at the corner of Lasalle Blvd. and Willibrord years ago? Has sisters Rina and Kathy I think? Ask your Mom if she remembers Sharon Edwards who stayed with her grandmother Moran at 14 Willibrord around the corner from her. Or she might remember my Uncle Ronnie Bennett who lived on the third floor in the apartments above them.
Ralph has posted that he hast that pic you want Andrea, but he said it isn't too clear and taken from far away. I have a pretty good photo program here and can sometimes bring out pics a little better -- if you like, you could always email it to me and I can see what i can do with it for you. My email address is hotat40_1999@yahoo.com My profile here says that my email address is canookie1@hotmail but I rarely use it.
It is SO nice to make your acquaintance, Andrea! You've brought back so many wonderful memories for me, thank you!
I'll be waiting on your reply.
Take care.
Luv, Sharon *

8 comments:

andrea MSN said...

Yes I still speak to Leah she lives in Mission, BC now. Her daughter Sarah just had a baby in November. I will be sure to tell her about you.   Yep that's my mom and my aunts!! My mom has me and my older brother Joe and re-married and had Amber.   Kathy has two daughters Jenny 18 and Kayla 15.   They also have two brothers John and Michael I don't know if you knew them.   John has SIX kids!! Johnny 24, Mike, 23, Taylor 8, Billy 7, Maggie 5 and Jessie is 1.   and Mike has 4 kids: Liz 15, Jacob 10 or 11, Sarah 9, and Gracie is 6.   I haven't recieved the picture from ralph yet but when I do I will send it to you if I can't make it out.   I posted some pictures on the message I first posted. Andrea

sharon_starr MSN said...

Thanks for replying Andrea! Firstly...CONGRATULATIONS!! You're going to be a Mommy! You're first one, right? In August hmmmm? What's your due date hehe my birthday is the 23rd of Aug. Having a baby is a beautiful thing, Andrea, I'm thrilled for you. And rest assured that your Dad is definitely watching over you and will see his grandchild just the same. Do you know yet if it's a boy or girl? Secondly, Leah is a GRANDMOTHER?? hehe I still remember her with that curly hair of hers and those big brown eyes...just can't picture her a Grandma hehe. How often do you speak with her? I would LOVE to get in touch with her so very much...does she have the Net too do you know? You can always give her my email address which is hotat40_1999@yahoo.com or I could always email you my telephone number and address if she'd prefer to reach me that way or doesn't have the Net. It would be a blast to recall old times with her and catch up on the last 30 or more years hehehe. Thirdly, I don't know if it's my MSN that's screwing up tonight or if there was a prob with your pics showing here, but I couldn't see any of the pics that you posted OR the ultrasound!  Do you think you could either email them to me or post them in the pictures link here in the group? I really want to see them Hoping to hear from you with a go-ahead from Leah! Talk about memories, man...thank you so much for your wonderful presence here with us! Luv, Sharon

andrea MSN said...

Yes it is my first child!! We are sooooo excited. I am due August 26th so he/hopefully she lol could be born on the 23rd...   I am not sure about Leah but I will get my mom to talk to her.   I will create a folder in the picture gallery.   Andrea

windsorsecurity1 MSN said...

Congratulations Andrea.I am getting to see the baby right now. The photo is very fuzzy but I'll do my best to clean it up. Give me a ew days to work on this . Its my birthday today and I have a gang comming over . I'll get on it as soon as I can.   Granpa would have love this .

sharon_starr MSN said...

Ooooooooooooh....another VIRGO!! If he/she is on or after the due date anyway. I'm both Leo and Virgo born right on the cusp. But that would be wonderful to have another baby born on my birthday! hehe Believe it or not, I have 3 so far that I know of that have been born on my BD. My cousin, my step-daughter and a good friend's son. Yup...Aug. 23rd is a good day for you to give birth hehe. thanks for sharing your ultrasound pics with us, they're precious. Thanks for getting your Mom to talk to Leah too, Andrea, I'll be anxiously awaiting your reply on it. Looking at your pic, I can see your Dad, but I believe you look more like your Mom...have you been told that? You have those big gorgeous eyes that I remember your Mom having too. And I can definitely see your Dad in your brother for sure. The pic that you posted of your Dad is younger than when I knew him I think. When I knew him his hair was quite a bit longer, he had sideburns and a beard if I remember right. But seeing that pic brought me right back to my childhood and 6th Avenue. Andrea...didn't you have an Uncle Mike as well...your Dad's brother? I remember Leah having a younger (I think) brother that was a cutie. I'm not sure but I think that he passed on quite a few years ago. :-( I think Leah had a baby sister too when I knew her, no?...they had quite a large family. Take care Andrea...and be sure to take your pre-natal vitamins! Luv, Sharon

sharon_starr MSN said...

*In a breathless Marilyn Monroe voice* Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Happy Biiiiiiiiiirthdayyyyyyyyy to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Happy Birthday dear Ralllllllllllllphieeeeeeeeeeeeeee Happy Birthdayyyyyyyyy to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu and many mooooooooooooooooore! Luv, Sharon

andrea MSN said...

Virgos are the BEST :) I am a Virgo also my birthday is Sept 14th,...   Oh yes I do look alot like my mom!! people say oh theres mom and mini me LOL...   My dad is about 18 in that picture so he is quite young. Yes that is how I know him with the longer hair and the side burns lol!!   Yes Michael is Lea's younger brother he is passed.   Pre-natal vitamins are taken everyday!!   Thanks lol,   Andrea

windsorsecurity1 MSN said...

In my very best JFK voice. Ahhhh thank you Miss Monroe That makes it all worth while