Saturday, January 24, 2004

To``papa3times``

Hi;


    I left CPR at the end of January 1998 when CRB was outsourced. After 25 1/2 years service I say that I was give the Silver Boot (as opposed the the more sophisticated Golden Handshake). The only time I have been back was a few months later in 1998 to visit the pension department to get my money. I still drive by the station quite often but don`t miss it. I am very happy working for a printing company in Lasalle. Occasionaly I "dine" at Normands Patates/Frites and agree that it is still as good as it was 30 years ago! I visited Winnipeg a couple of times in the late 70s or early 80s when my sister lived there. I found it to be a nice city. What impressed me very much was the Royal Mint which seemed to be quite new at the time.


By the way, is your name Al B......? I can't think of anyone else that I knew at Windsor station that moved to Winnipeg. Just Curious.


                                       Take care, Ralph.



Add photos to your e-mail with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*.

No comments: